Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Wheel on the School by Meindert Dejong


The Wheel on the School is a cute book about 6 classmates who try to do something impossible; bring storks to their town. My niece and her family read this book together. During the same time her doll's hat was lost. (I have to claim some responsibility since it was my daughter that lost the hat). She worried about the hat for this was not just any doll this was her absolute favorite doll. While reading this book, she found her answer. The teacher assigns all the students to find a wheel, "look where a wheel could be and where it could not possibly be." After hearing this from the book, my niece knew what she should do for discover the hiding place for the hat. She looked where the hat could be and where the hat could not possibly be and found it in a place where no one would have looked. After she told me this miraculous story, I realized this is what books should do for us. They should help us live our lives better and give us other people's experiences to learn from. I recommend this book for anyone who is looking for a fun, easy read. This is also a great read aloud book for families.

1 comment:

claudemiller said...

Do you know where I can purchase your favorite cookbook?