Sunday, May 25, 2008

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

Wuthering Heights is a book filled with icky characters and a sad and depressing story line. I decided to read this book because it was mentioned in two other books that I recently read. Understandably this book was read often by Bella in the Twilight series. Her relationship with Edward was intense and risky and so is the relationship between Heathcliff and Catherine in Wuthering Heights. But, I have no idea why Julie in "Up a Road Slowly" was so interested in this book.


I was under the impression that this was going to be a sweet love story. I guess that there is a little romance but the love story is depressing and drives certain characters to madness. This book did not help me in anyway to become or feel like a better person. I do appreciate Emily Bronte's writing style and I think that she is a beautiful writer, but for the reason stated above, I do not recommend this book.

No comments: