Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Farenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury


Talk about a depressing civilization. The people in this book are sheep, they do whatever they are told. The government told them that books were bad and created a fire department to dispose of all the books. Most of the people complied. But there were a few that knew the worth of the written word. I enjoyed this book. I found myself thinking, what would I do if I found myself in a situation where I did not agree with the rules. Would I fight, would I silently obey? Would I comply and wait for an opportunity to speak my mind.


"Let you alone! That's all very well, but how can I leave myself alone? We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about something real? "
This book gave me the feeling like I can change things that I see wrong in the world. I have that power. It is not always easy, but it is usually worth it.

No comments: